40 under 40 in StaffingStaffing Industry Analystwww.40under40.staffingindustry.com/hilary-jarman/
The Adecco Group North AmericaDirector of Marketing Jacksonville, FL September 2013 — Present I started with Adecco Group as a Marketing Specialist, and in November of 2015 I was promoted to Director of Marketing for Adecco Staffing. As the marketing head of the largest business unit in The Adecco Group portfolio, I am responsible for all aspects of marketing support. My team of six runs lean but has been effective in successfully managing: Brand Management
- Rolling out and maintaining the new Adecco branding in 2016
- Brand promotion and digital footprint (advertising, social media, job board strategy)
- Content creation
- Thought leadership and public relations
- Client lead generation
- Lead nurturing through Marketo marketing automation
- Candidate lead generation and nurturing
- National strategy (sales and recruitment alignment)
- Local marketing support (recruitment, event, sales)
- Alignment with global expectations/projects and thought leadership
OrangeSodaOperations Analyst American Fork, UT September 2011 – August 2013
The role of Operations Analyst was created specifically for me. After winning an internal communications competition, the company executives decided to create a job where my analytical, organizational and company experiences were used to help the executive-level management. Job responsibilities included:
- Worked directly with the VP of Service and Fulfillment
- Collected and analyzed data for reporting and company auditing purposes
- Planned strategies to streamline work flow and follow-up on company work processes
- Collaborated on projects for partner companies
- Managed teams to account for internal position changes
Other job titles and responsibilities included:
- SEM Strategiest
- Built and edited lead generation websites for clients on WordPress.
- Analyzed client websites to help plan and propose SEM optimization strategies.
- Built reports for internal and external purposes.
- Built and maintained PPC campaigns on Google and Yahoo.
- Campaign Manager
- Managed and monitored 77 client accounts.
BYU J. Reuben Clark Law SchoolPublications Intern Provo, UT July 2010 – August 2011 As an intern in the publications department of a top tier law school I was given a lot of freedom to develop the strategic communication of the school along with my team. My greatest accomplishment was I researched, proposed then implemented and maintained the law school’s social media presence.
- Researched, proposed and implemented the school’s social media usage (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube).
- Brought into a university-level group on planning the strategy of the university’s social media usage.
- Planned and managed a team to film video segments for online promotion.
- Researched and wrote feature stories and news articles for publication.
- Photographed events and people to be published along with articles.
- Analyzed school website and proposed restructuring based on modern website style and usability.
Bradley Public Relations AgencyAccount Executive Provo, UT May 2010 – January 2011
Global Entrepreneur Monitor I was asked to be the account executive for the agency’s first international account. The non-profit organization collects data about entrepreneurship around the globe then announces the findings at its annual meeting. Our work was based around this annual event.
- Managed team of 12 people and worked with the client directly to address campaign issues, client misconceptions and success standards.
- Conducted media relations before, during and after the event, including post-even media coverage.
- Researched and selected keynote speaker for the event.
- Invited attendees from the public and private sectors to build support for the overall goals of the organization.
Utah Department of Transportation
- Led group of eight people to perform over 400 man-on-the-street-surveys concerning county-wide construction projects.
- Helped synthesize collected data and presented information to the Utah Department of Transportation.
- Ticket sales
- Spectator experience
- VIP tickets an perks
- Contract negotiation for our two main performances
- Plan and coordinate smaller, wandering entertainment
- Communicate all event plans with more than 1,500 players
- Coordinate team check-in, transportation and lodging
- Updated documents and policies to reflect organizational goals and expectations
- Hired more than 50 volunteers (permanent and temporary volunteers)
- Streamlined volunteer structure and job descriptions
- Mediated issues between volunteers
- Increased inter-organizational communication
I approached this non-profit organization and offered my time and skills to help it build a public relations presence.
- Wrote feature stories, press releases, letters to the editor, speeches and presentations and designed flyers for the non-profit’s use.
- Completed “How To Complete PR” packet for the organization’s use after my departure.
- Helped promote and run the annual fundraising event.
- Public relations
- Education included: research, campaign creation, strategy and tactic creation and implementation
- Real-world experience included: campaign research for the Utah Department of Transportation, campaign creation for Intermountain Healthcare, campaign implementation
- Education and experience included: writing for the campus newspaper and campus magazine
- Creative, persuasive and analytical writing
- Completed classes in marketing, accounting, political science, Spanish and German
- Studied in Berlin, Germany
- Volunteered for the 2008 Obama presidential campaign in Colorado